Friday, December 23, 2011

A Balancing Act

For me, college is a balancing act (sometimes even quite literally). I have two jobs (one that is on campus during the school days) and one that I work mainly weekends on (and sometimes I go in when they need me), I'm in a sorority (with meetings once a week, not including other activities going on), I always take anywhere from 17-19 hours, and I'm planning on joining (and being very active) in two clubs next semester (History and Anthropology club), and I have two majors and two minor, so sometimes things can be a bit crazy. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I'm crazy busy. But honestly, I love it. I've made so many friends and it's kind of crazy but so much fun. 

I would be at a loss if it wasn't for my iCal and my iPhone syncing up my schedule, along with writing all my assignments to do down in a full page planner (everyday), and my Self Control App. These few things help me stay on time, organized and focused toward a main goal. 

Another thing that really helps me is that I have a regular routine. Once the semester begins, I have a set schedule each day and I know (usually two weeks into the semester) exactly what I'm doing or where I need to be. By doing this, I'm not as stressed when it comes to what to do during the day. 

Being OCD when it comes to grades. I came to college for a reason. I want to graduate and get a really good job with whatever I end up doing with my life. Having two majors and two minors leaves little room for error in my classes, so I am always on top of my grades. I make appointments with teachers when I need to and I'm even on first name basis with my academic counselors. 


    No comments:

    Link

    Related Posts with Thumbnails